Thursday 20 September 2012

The smoke alarm isn't working...

The smell of smoke, the crisp breeze, and the beaming sun heightened my senses as I took my usual morning stroll through downtown to begin my day as a working woman.
Last week's event was something of a common occurrence in these neck of the woods. Concern and panic filled the air as thick and suffocating as the smoke. I remained calm; apathetic if you will.
The one person I wanted to call during the commotion of the smoke and fire was the one person I could no longer count on.
It's a funny thing having someone change your life.
They come in unannounced and completely turn your world inside out back to front upside down into something you've never even comprehended.
True love.
At least that's what you thought.
You wonder how you ever lived without them before they came along.
They take hold of your heart, make you feel good for a while, then real life sets in and things change.
Shoulda seen it coming from the start.
I don't regret it though... Falling in love.
I still care and always will.
Fighting to stay afloat is exhausting but drowning is not an option.
The chapter ends to this overly cliched and excruciatingly painful heart stomping fest.
It's been swell. It really has.
My words ooze with sarcasm and wit like you wouldn't believe.
There's more to life than love that hurts too much to love back.

No comments:

Post a Comment