Wednesday 16 March 2011

My love for Mixtapes

So I went to see 'No Strings Attached' this weekend, highly inappropriate but really funny (I'm not justifying going to see but whatever). Anywho I love Natalie Portman with all my heart and Ashton Kutcher isn't so bad on the eyes either. Well in the movie Adam makes Emma a 'period mixtape'...SERIOUSLY!!! It was really a mix CD but it sounds more legit when said as a mixtape. I thought it was the funniest/sweetest thing ever! The most memorable song on the mixtape was "Bleeding Love" by Leona Lewis. I will never listen to that song in the same way again!
I've had mixtapes given to me before as going away presents and such but I've only ever had one mixtape given to me before by a guy... It was an answer to me asking him to preference and it was pretty much the best thing EVER!!! This is a side for for any guy reading this (which is slim to none but o well) I <3 mixtapes!!! LOVE them!!! I find them so thoughtful when they put songs that make them think of you, or songs you should check...stuff like that. I find guys don't try hard enough these days, but that's just my bitter opinion lol!
Here's one of my fave bands ever (Jack's Mannequin) singing about mixtapes, the song is called: The Mixed Tape (shocker I know!) It's also got one of my fave actress' in the music video...Hilarie Burton aka Peyton Sawyer from One Tree Hill (Also one of my fave tv shows)
ENJOY!
P.S. I found out today that Jimmy Eat World is going to Calgary in May! Pretty much the best news EVER!
Till next people!!

1 comment: